Healthy benefits of chili peppers
Chili peppers are extremely healthy and should be included in your regular diet.
Their alkaloid compound capsaicin is one of the most studied plant compounds of chili peppers. It is responsible for the hot flavour and many of their health effects. Recent laboratory studies suggest that capsaicin has anti-bacterial, anti-carcinogenic, analgesic and anti-diabetic properties.
So here are listed the healthy effects of chillies and capsaicin:
- Chillies help protect your heart due to decreasing blood pressure and platelet aggregation maintaining proper blood flow. Therefore, they can prevent cardiovascular diseases.
- Capasaicin reduces cholesterol.
- Chili peppers help prevent cancer as capsaicin triggers suicide of cancer cells and reduces their growth.
- Chili peppers fight inflammation and ease osteoarthritis pain.
- Capsicum is a natural muscle relaxant. There are also a number of creams that have capsicum in them to soothe painful muscles.
- Capsaicin protects against Heliobacter pylori, which can cause gastric ulcers, and helps soothe intestinal diseases.
- Chillies are an excellent source of vitamin C and A. Both the vitamins help boost immunity and fight against free radical damage.
- Chili peppers lower blood sugar levels due to controlling insulin levels and have a positive impact on people that suffer from diabetes.
- Chili peppers can help you burn fat and lose weight as the capsaicin upheats the bodys metabolism.
- Many studies revealed that Chillies allow the body to relax more easily. Capsaicin blocks a natural chemical called Substance P, which is involved in the transmission and perception of pain. As a result chillies can be useful in relieving and preventing headaches and migraines.
- Chillies may also spice up your love life as they are a natural aphrodisiac.